Sunday, June 14, 2009

Material Decision

From: jerry blackman
Date: Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: questions
To: paige damstuhltrager

I had a few questions- so here goes:

For the opening at least, because there is only one confirmed piece- how would you feel about some progress drawings taken from my sketchbook- and mounted on the wall. I think this would go well with the theme of the show; i.e. understanding the process, etc. I could have them scanned and enlarged- even framed- and that might look really cool.

If not, and if for the opening the room looked a little bare- how about an existing piece? say the MLK heads? the light would look really good reflecting in the mirror.

Otherwise I had an aesthetic question: 3/4in or 1 1/4 for the anchor. The difference is over $600. I was going to ask that question yesterday- but- alas- I elected for the thicker of the two. A little credit card debt never killed anybody.

I sent Leah some shots of me working in the studio for the postcard- I'm going to send everybody a link to a flickr page where I'm actually working on THIS piece.

thats all- bye
Jerry

-----------------------------------

From: paige damstuhltrager
Date: Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: questions
To: jerry@jerryblackman.com


Hi Jerry,
Progress drawings are a great idea - including prototypes, brainstorming by-products, "notes to self", and/or magic tricks will help generate and underscore the Summer Session concept. how and when we display them will have to be considered by the "team"... In regards to enlarging/ scanning some of your sketches, i can probably get an answer out of Leah and Rebecca by friday. (Leah's out of town at the moment) Ever sketch large?

good investment on the 1 1/4 ", just careful, my debit/credit card nearly killed me, a few times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment